Joan Bigorra, advisor of BHVPartners has participated in the conference “The opportunity of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in clinical decision making and health evaluation”, organized by Bioinformatics Barcelona and the University of Barcelona.
In the closing ceremony, Joan Bigorra summarized the main conclusions of the day, emphasizing that the digital transformation in the health field:
- It is not a fashion, it is an opportunity and an imperative
- There is a need to agree on and to meet sufficient and efficient methodological, ethical and legal standards
- Open innovation: Academy, health centres, basic and clinical researchers, Bioethics, Lawyers, Regulators, Biopharmaceutical industry, medical technologies, digital, patients, …
- The patient first, with the patient, for the patient, … we are all patients
- Change management and leadership generation are critical
- Needof committed organizations and individuals to generate meeting forums, agreements and actions for the change