- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, University of Salamanca
- Master in Science, Technology and Society Studies,University of Salamanca
- Master in Executive Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry, IE Business School
- Public Affairs Program, ESADE
- Leadership in Public Management Program, IESE
Jorge is general manager of Cotec Foundation since 2015.
Between 2008 and 2012, he was the Chief of the Cabinet of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, exercising functions in the general coordination of the political action of the Ministry, and supervising the public agenda, parliamentary activity and relations with the media. He also was deputy to the presidency and general secretary of the Spanish Bioindustry Association (AseBio).
Previously, he developed his career in the field of strategic consulting in the biotechnology sector and in the public R&D system.
He regularly collaborates with the media and has taught at several universities and business schools