Joan Bigorra, MD, PhD
Co-Founder & Advisor to the Board
- PhD in Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- Graduate in Law, National University of Distance Education (UNED)
- PDD, IESE
- Executive Education in General Management, Marketing and Finance, Harvard Business School
- Master on Biomedicine, Biotechnology and Law of the European Union, UNED
- Diploma in Medical Statistics, UAB
- Diploma in Health Economics, University of Tromso
Currently, he is director of Strategy and Innovation at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal). Prior to that, he was director of Innovation at the Hospital Clínic Barcelona, director at the Clínic Foundation for Biomedical Research, managing director at Novartis Pharma Spain, and Medical Director and head of R&D at Bayer Spain.
He has authored more than sixty publications and book chapters on innovation, research of health results and magagement of R&D&I.
He is an associate professor at the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and Scientific Director of the Master on Leadership, Management of Science and Innovation of the University of Barcelona, Autonomous University of Barcelona and UPF.